National Seminar on Current Verdict on Constitutional Validity of Section 377 of Indian Penal Code, 1860
Posted By - Admin On - Oct 4, 2018
Event Starting Date
Oct 13, 2018 - 10:00 AM
Event Ending Date
Oct 14, 2018 - 04:00 PM
Sangam University, Bhilwara Rajasthan
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
The criminalization of homosexuality in India has been seen as an incontrovertible evidence to determine the brutality of English people against Indians. Notwithstanding the various iniquities of the British rule in India, the English people did not shy away from criminalizing the homosexuality by incorporating Section 377 into the Indian Penal Code -a conventional and controversial section that criminalizes consensual sexual orientation between two adult men as well as women. On September 6th, 2018, the apex court of India has decriminalised homosexuality considering it as Unconstitutional. The court observes that such discrimination on the ground of sexual orientation violates the dignity of individuals.
In the light of the judgment of the Apex Court, the Seminar intends to highlight the various other prospects of the legal validity and constitutional validity of Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860.
National Seminar Details:
- For Faculties/Academicians/ Project Fellows: Rs. 1,000/-
- For Research Scholars/Students: Rs. 800/-.
Delegate registration fee by all the participants can be paid through NEFT to the account mentioned below:
Name of the Bank: HDFC
Account No: 03507620000026
IFCS code: HDFC000350
Payable at Pur Road Branch,Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
Modest accommodation will be provided on sharing basis in the University Guest House/ Hostel for the delegated registering on or before 10th October, 2018 (10/10/2018). Delegates registering on spot will have to make their own arrangements for accommodation.
- Last date for submission of abstract: 10th October, 2018
- Schedule for seminar: 13th and 14th October, 2018
ABOUT KEY-NOTE SPEAKERS
Prof.(Dr.) S. N. Ambedkar
Prof. S. N. Ambedkar is a well known academician as well as the administrator. At present he is the Dean School of Social Sciences as well as Dean Students Welfare of Central University of Rajasthan. He has acquired his Ph.D. from Osmania University and has served in important positions like Regional Director IGNOU. He has authored a number of articles in national and international publications. He has ample of experience in the field of academics, and research. He has authored a number of books. He is also membership of various national and international bodies. He has also been a prominent guide for a number of research scholars.
Dr. S. Kandasamy is a Ph.D holder in Software Law from University of Madras. He earned his Master’s degrees in Law in various branches of Law, i.e, International Law, Constitutional Law, Human Rights Law, Labour Law, Administrative Law, Intellectual Property Law and Criminal Law. He is a well known academician as well as the Administrator and Technocrat. He has published more than 50 articles on various legal issues in reputed national and international journals. Apart from legal field both as practicing advocate and academician, he has also served the nation as an officer at Army HQ. He was also a soft-ware engineer se InfoTech Mumbai. He has authored a number of books. Presently he is holding the prestigious position of Head, Department of Public Policy Law and Governance at Central University of Rajasthan..
- Chief Patron :Mr. R. P. Soni, Chairperson, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan
- Dy. Chief Patron :Mr. Anurag Soni, BOM, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan
- Patron: Prof. (Dr.) K. P. Yadav, President/Vice Chancellor, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan
- Co-Patron: Dr. O.P. Gupta, Registrar, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan
- Chairman: Prof. (Dr.) M.L. Pitaliya, School of Legal Studies, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan
- Convener: Dr. V. K. Saroj, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, Sangam University, Bhilwara
- Coordinator: Mr. Shankar Banerjee, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan.
- Organising Member: Mrs. Debashree Chakraborty, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan
- Organizing Member: Mrs. Anisha Jain, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, Sangam University, Bhilwara, Rajasthan