Department of Biology Celebrate Wildlife Week
Posted By - Admin On - Oct 3, 2019
Wildlife Week is celebrated all over the country in the month of October from 2nd to 8th October every year with the view to preserve the fauna means the animal life of the India.
It was first started in the year 1952 with the great vision of saving the life of the Indian animals by taking some critical steps. It involves the planning to save animal extinction of any species of the India. The Indian Government has established an Indian Board of Wild Life which works to improve the awareness as well as the consciousness of the Indian people towards the wildlife preservation.
Conservation of Wildlife is important to protect the endangered plants and animal species along with their natural habitat. The main concern is to preserve the habitats so that the future generations of wildlife and even humans can enjoy it.
OBJECTIVES OF CELEBRATING WILD LIFE WEEK
- To make people more aware of the conservation and protection of the wild life.
- To focus the people’s attention towards the importance of conservation of the wild life.
- To implement more services to preserve the wild life.
- To discuss all the issues related to the preservation of the wild life.
Protect the Environment to conserve Wildlife.
- Use paper bags in place of polythene.
- Encourage companies to use recyclable goods.
- Save paper, they are made from the pulp of tree, hence promote deforestation.
- Keep environment clean.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle!
- Participate in local and national campaigns